Analysis: Joy Buster (Score 0 – 20)
Joy Busters often feel overloaded or disconnected, as if you have to everything by yourself with little support. You can feel joy, yet have a hard time accessing it. Joy Busters often are:
- Motivated by fear and criticism
- Urgent and perfectionistic
- Feel they are “Never good enough”
- Living in non-supportive/abusive environments or help co-create them
- Engaging in a lot of negative self-talk/self image poor
- Motivated by lack or “not enoughness” in their actions/choices
- Addictive or compulsive/poor impulse control
- Greedy or neglectful of self and others
Joy Busters may have a brain stuck in trauma patters of fight/flight/freeze modes and may:
- Feel “as if” they have lost their magical, inner child
- Feel “as if” they have lost their sense of adventure in life
- Not know how to “let go” or move through their pain
- Have settled for a life of complacency and numbness- “giving up” energy
If you’re ready to reconnect with your true joy-filled, juicy Self then, I invite you to explore the programs below I have created to support you in unleashing and becoming your highest potential.
In my over 20 years as a transpersonal therapist, I’ve dealt with tragedy, abuse, and depression on a very personal level. My patients often come to me after devastating experiences, seeking shelter from their harsh realities.
During that time, I slowly came to appreciate and realize the power of cultivating joy.
We both know that joy can often be hard to define. It’s unique to each of us and almost impossible to measure or track.
But after assisting hundreds of clients towards more permanent healing, wellness and joy….I made a startling discovery.
Without meaning to and almost by accident, the same therapy and treatment plans that had consistently healed my patients time after time eventually transformed into a step-by-step system that could be used to “plant the seeds” of joy and then nurture them – day-by-day, week-by-week, month-by-month…until it organically evolved into a way of life.
My patients used these exact techniques, tools, and habits to completely turn their attitudes, moods, and lifestyle around – and as far as I know, their breakthroughs remained permanent.
They transformed into what I today call Joy Magnets – individuals that celebrate the essence of who they are by being their best selves…each and every day, no matter what’s going on in their life.
And guess what?
This inevitably led to more happiness, fulfillment, and overall passion for life – from massive success in their careers to genuine love and warmth in their relationships.
Dr. Shannon South